Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

NAILMAIL!! Picture Polish 'Geode' and 'Frosting'

First of all, please note that everything I write here is MY opinion and no one else's. I purchased the polish, it was not given to me (ha, I wish). Secondly, credit. Picture Polish is an Australian brand of indie nail polish (indie being independent, not from one of the big brands) with a fab website and way too many great polishes.
Go to www.picturepolish.com.au to find out more.
If you are - like me - in the UK, you can buy their fantastic polish at www.sallymagpies.co.uk.
Thirdly, excuse my dry cuticles, I am still recovering from biting as you know. I am using Burts Bees so will report on that soon as well.

My choices were 'Frosting' and 'Geode'.





'Frosting' is a beautiful white/pink pastel with loads and loads of purple, silver and fuchsia sparkles and some glitter hearts so in short, girly deliciousness in a polish bottle.


I'll admit it's not the easiest polish to put on. It's a bit sticky and thick but don't let that deter you, the end result is soooo worth it. I actually put on 3 coats to get a nice pastelly base colour with plenty of glitter but in the right place. The hearts made it their mission to end up on the tip of my nails which would mean they'd probably become a bit of an issue in keeping the polish in tact with all the typing I do.




'Geode' is a soft egg shell blue, not quite green not quite blue pastel with light and dark blue glitter and some gold micro, powdersize glitter to make the polish shine and shimmer.



It goes on super smooth and from coat 1 you can see what the end result will be. 2 coats and you're there. Simply beautiful, I totally recommend it. I put 2 coats of seche vite on top just to make sure the glitter (especially on Frosting) is covered and smoothed over.

Scores: (1=not great, 5=awesomest of the awesome)

'Frosting':
Colour: 4
Glitter: 5
Applyability: 3
Shine: 4
Overall score: 4

'Geode':
Colour: 4
Glitter: 2
Applyability: 5
Shine: 4
Overall score: 4

Verdict: Love. Both of them. Would buy again for sure. And sallymagpies (who can also be found on Facebook) offered a great, quick delivery


Next time I will try something with these new polishes I have just bought via ebay ;)


Thanks for reading. Please let me know what you think and check out Picture Polish, sallymagpies.co.uk and my instagram, @ruth_knall and of course, Picture Polishes blog +PicturePolish and instagram @picturepolish

x <3
Ruth

Links:
www.picturepolish.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/piCturepOlish?fref=ts

www.sallymagpies.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/sallymagpies?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment