Pages

Sunday 24 November 2013

Product Review - Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Hey everyone,

So I have been quite unlucky recently with nails splitting, peeling and breaking so I have decided to give them a week or two with intense treatment with Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream which I will review today



and the highly recommended Nailtique Formula 2 for week, bitten, soft, peeling nails. Hence not many posts about my painted nails as you're not supposed to paint them when using this stuff.



I will see how long I can stay away from all the pretty colours. I have also had a move with my office so that cost me 2 nails. You will see that I have cut them all down so it's not so uneven but I do miss my long claws. I have been mixing more polish and am really finding out what works now - for instance you should add a few millimetres of base in the bottle first, then add the pigment and glitter, then top up with more base. It mixes soooo much easier, I only discovered this yesterday but it makes such a big difference.



I have also had very dry cuticles, flaky and peeling, recently so I thought I'd do an intense treatment of Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream which has worked absolute wonders for me. Here's some before pics, from the good old polished days and before my breaks. These include stamping and even a cupcake design that I've wanted to do forever:



And here is what I got to in a few days - the last picture is with my new, shorter nails. They look healthier but of course I miss the length:


So here's what I think: 
Appearance: Comes in a cute tin that is easily fitted into any handbag. It opens easily and closes easily.

Smell: Like the name indicates, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter smells deliciously lemony. It literally makes you think you're in a lemon orchard. Full marks for the smell. 

Application: Although I personally prefer something that goes on without using your fingers, it's simple enough to use, it's like the Vaseline pots you get for your lips. Use your fingers to get some butter out of the tin and rub it into your cuticles and over your nails. I recommend 3 or more uses a day. I also recommend smothering your nails in this before bed. Sleep is known to be a healer and this definitely works its magic over night. 

Price: Not too bad, I got mine from an Ebay seller and you can definitely find this for a bargain price. 

Verdict: I love this product. 9 out of 10. 

I will report on my progress with Nailtique Formula 2, until then, I will have to use my practice wheels and mix more polish to still my polish addiction :) 

 Hope this helps, let me know what you think! Also, tell your friends about this blog. If it gets successful enough I can consider giveaways and competitions and who doesn't like free stuff?? 

Lots of love 
X<3
Ruth


1 comment:

  1. They are looking so much better Ruth keep up the great work and I look forward to your swatches ;D

    ReplyDelete