Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Well hello there!

Nice to meet you!

I'm Ruth, a native Austrian, now pretty much British 30 year old (for another 1.5 months, but I'm considering just staying 30) who has recently discovered something amazing.
Something that has solved all my problems. Well, one of them.

I found a way to stop biting my nails after 30 years of biting (yes, I believe I started biting my nails from day 1, maybe even before then). So simple and effective, it's hard to believe.
I had tried everything, from mind tricks, to chewing gum instead, from keeping busy to putting that nasty stuff on my nails that makes everything you touch taste like the devil himself has cooked it for you to sleeping in cotton gloves (yes, really). Nothing worked. I was convinced that I was going to bite my nails forever and that was that.

But no!

What it took was something simple, something very quick and best of all, absolutely free (err... I'll explain in a bit).

The magic I am speaking about is.... Instagram!

Rubbish, you say, why is she going on about this when the magic solution is so ridiculous.
Because, I say, it's honestly worked for me.

Here's what I do:
1. Polish your nails whatever colour you like, if you like nailart - all the better.
2. Take a picture of your nails
3. Post the picture on Instagram and hashtag away.
4. Wait for the lovely likes to come in
5. Repeat steps 1-4 every couple of days or so

And here's why I think it works so well for me:
1. I have always wanted to stop biting.
2. I have always loved nail polish.
3. If you start posting, it's some king of addiction/obsession/hobby and you want to post something nice, not a picture of chewed off nails.
4. If you want to improve your chances, tell people you're on a challenge to stop biting and that you will post your process every week (with bare nails). You don't want to show you've been naughty, do you?
5. It's like a digital self help group, but without anyone telling you the obvious or giving you bad advice. It's a way to get some self-esteem by checking out all the likes. If someone is being a troll, just report or block them. You might even make friends 

Here's my results so far:

Chewed up, baaaaad cuticles, just BAD














 Now: getting there. Nails are growing, cuticles healing.
















So, try it. It worked for me and I'm not saying it's the same for everyone, but what is there to lose?
In the coming weeks, months, years, lifetimes, I will post further pictures, tips and tricks I pick up on the way and products I like, links to websites, instagrammers I love, explanations of abbreviations and/or expressions I had no clue what they meant etc. 
All pics I post are my own nails and I painted them, unless the pics are credited otherwise.

I hope you like what you see and support me by telling your friends about this blog. It's my first attempt at blogging and yet another way to keep me motivated in my quest to never, ever, EVER  bite my nails ever again.

Thanks lovelies, have a great day! 

x <3

Ruth


p.s. find me on Instagram @ruth_knall

2 comments:

  1. Oh and please, let me know what you think (keep it nice please, constructive criticism is welcome, trolling will be blocked) and follow me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth

    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of your blog from Instagram it's lovely to be able to see someone who is also an ex nail biter doing so well, your nails are so long now mine are struggling to grow but I have bought some strengthener so hopefully that will help. I use cuticle oil and a coconut oil hand moisturiser but if you have any tips I'd be more than greatful to hear them :)\

    I also love picture polish but as yet don't own any mine are just the run of the mill uk brands so I will be checking the website out !!!!!

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete